MONDAY 20 JUNE
Access to monument field - 7pm
Sunset - 9:26pm
TUESDAY 21 JUNE
Sunrise - 4:52am
Monument field closes - 8am
The Solstice Car Park opens at 7pm on 20th June with last admissions at 6am (or when full, if earlier) on 21st June. The car park will close at 12 noon on 21st June.
Alcohol is not permitted in the monument field during Summer Solstice.
Admission to the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge is free of charge, however please note that parking fees in the official car park apply - cars: £15, commercial coaches and minibuses: £50,
Conditions of Entry
Amplified music is not permitted in or around the monument field.
No alcohol is allowed within the monument or the monument field. Alcohol will be
confiscated or individuals in possession of alcohol will be asked to leave.
Drunken, disorderly and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and anybody
considered to be behaving in this way will be asked to leave by security staff and/or
the police and will not be allowed back in.
Illegal drugs are illegal at Stonehenge as they are anywhere else. The police will be
on site and will take action against anyone breaking the law.
Please don’t bring any glass in to the monument field. Many people walk barefoot
and livestock and wildlife also graze in the area. Any glass items will be confiscated.
Please do not climb or stand on any of the stones – this includes the stones that
have fallen. This is for your own safety and also to protect this special site and
respect those around you.
Please be aware that in order to keep everybody safe, random searching may be
undertaken. Any items found that might be used in an illegal or offensive manner will
Camping equipment, fires, Chinese lanterns, fireworks, candles, tea-lights or BBQs
are not permitted at Stonehenge, in the Solstice Car Park, or anywhere in the
surrounding National Trust land.
In the interests of safety, sleeping bags or duvets are not allowed on site. Sleeping
on the ground creates a trip hazard and can interfere with the work of emergency
services and hinder their ability to help people. Small ground sheets and blankets are
permitted for people to sit on but please do not bring chairs etc (unless used as a
recognised disability aid). Shooting-sticks are not permitted.
To help us reduce the amount of litter on site, leafleting or flyering is not allowed.
Drones or any type of remote-controlled flying devices are not permitted at
Stonehenge or in any of the Solstice Car Parks.
Admission to Stonehenge
• Admission to the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge is free of charge.
• There is a charge for parking – cars: £15, commercial coaches and minibuses: £50,
• Public transport is available from Salisbury.
• Access to the car park will start at 7pm
• Children under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please remember that you will not be allowed access to the Monument with the following
- Large bags or rucksacks (or similar items)
- Sleeping bags or duvets
- Flaming torches, Chinese lanterns, fireworks or candles etc.
- Dogs (with the exception of registered assistance dogs), pets or other creatures
- Camping equipment, including foldaway chairs, garden furniture, shooting-sticks
- BBQs or gas cylinders
- Glass bottles or other glass objects
- Trolleys, wheel barrows or any other form of porterage
- Pushchairs or buggies that are not exclusively used for a child
- Large “golf-style” umbrellas, gazebos
- Drones or any kind of remote control aircraft